Get The Legal Support You Need
CMI can be a valuable addition to your legal team. We have the experience and technical expertise to provide expert witness services on issues relating to construction defects, design and code deficiencies, improperly maintained building components and deviations from acceptable architectural and construction standards.
As well as being respected professionals, we have provided expert witness services for some of the most prominent legal firms within the community. In conjunction with construction defect investigations, CMI will conduct research and analyze documents and other relevant data to provide comprehensive reports detailing discrepancies and recommendations for repair.
Our Services Include:
- Deposition and trial testimony
- Participation in expert meetings, settlement conferences, mediation and arbitration
- Analysis of building assemblies and architectural elements with respect to personal injury claims
- Repair and reconstruction design cost projections
- Document review and analysis to evaluate course of construction, construction administration, code compliance and compliance with industry standards
- Evaluate compliance with owner/architect or owner/contractor contracts
- Evaluate compliance with design documents
- Evaluate life safety components
- Research current and past building code conformance
- Review manufacturer’s recommended installation requirements and specifications
- Evaluate cost discrepancies
CMI assists clients during all phases of litigation. As a leader in the industry, our network of licensed architects/engineers and general contractors have the technical background and experience to identify the nature and extent of defective construction in all building types ranging from single family homes to common interest developments to large commercial complexes. As each individual case varies, there is a wide range of services that CMI can offer including, but not limited to:
- Construction compliance reviews of commercial and residential projects to evaluate as-built conditions
- Field investigation including visual surveys and destructive testing
- Clear and concise reports including photographic illustrations
- Evaluation of building component failure and designation of liability
- Preparation of remedial repair recommendations and estimated costs of repair
- Graphic presentations illustrating construction deficiencies and repair concepts and specifications
CMI has developed an expertise in building correction as related to construction defects, water intrusion and non-code compliant construction. Due to the magnitude of these defects and complexity of issues, many cases have progressed to the point where mediation, arbitration and/or litigation have become the only method of resolution.
CMI is prepared to perform site investigations, non-destructive and destructive testing, research and documentation to support and validate claims. Lance Luke is a well-recognized and well-respected expert witness in construction defect litigation and construction conformance reviews.